The weather has been rubbish all week, where has the sun gone? So, on a rainy afternoon, what’s better than making flapjacks at home with my daughter.
These are so easy to make and don’t cost a lot at all. We already had everything that we needed so we didn’t need to go out in the rain.
You will need:
- 250g oats
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 banana (mashed)
- Raisins (however many you like)
- Nutella/chocolate spread
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together
- Once melted, add the mashed banana
- Pour the oats and raisins in to a large bowl and mix in the melted butter and syrup
- Pour the mixture in to a cake tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until they are golden
- Once they had cooled down, I melted some Nutella and drizzled it over the top for extra flavour
- Cut in to pieces and store in an airtight container
This is such a simple recipe and the flapjacks are so tasty. The good thing with these is you can add anything you like in. Instead of raisins and banana, you could add chocolate chips, cranberries, Nutella, peanuts. Whatever takes your fancy. The basic recipe stays the same and you just add your favourite flavourings.
Pin this for later