The summer holidays are now upon us. Six weeks of fun with the kids at home. You want to make the most of it and have lots of fun, without spending too much money!
We are nearly one week in to the summer holidays and the weather has been awful! When the sun isn’t shining, it makes it trickier to keep the kids entertained without spending lots of money.
Here’s a few ideas to keep you going over the next few weeks. They are all fun and mostly free! Enjoy…
- Go on a picnic
- Join in on the reading challenge at your local library
- Go to the park
- Feed the ducks at the local pond
- Make cakes
- Go to the beach and build sandcastles
- Fly a kite
- Run in the rain and jump in muddy puddles
- Have a movie afternoon with drinks and snacks
- Go on a bike ride
- Have a water fight
- Make an indoor camp
- Camp out in the garden
- Strawberry picking
- Chalk drawings in the garden
- Wash the car
- Play football on a nearby field
- Pick wild flowers
- Go fishing
- Paint pictures
- Go to a local pets corner/farm
- Make ice lollies
- Go for a walk an explore somewhere new
- Write a story
- Do puzzles
- Have an arts and crafts day
- Have a BBQ in the garden
- Play hide and seek
- Climb trees
- Have a Netflix pyjama day
- Go to a market
- Go swimming
- Walk the dog (or neighbours dog)
- Read books together
- Make a scrap book of all the fun things you did in the summer holidays.
There you go, 35 ideas to keep you and the kids busy over the summer. This should last you most of the five weeks left.
Let me know if you have any other ideas and enjoy the holidays!
Pin this for later