If you’re anything like me, by the time dinner time comes around, you really don’t feel like cooking! Running around after a toddler all day and taking care of a newborn baby, cooking a healthy meal is the last thing you feel like doing. I decided it’s time to get organised and start batch cooking. We can still eat healthy meals but I just need to reheat them from the freezer rather than cook from scratch every night. Cook once, eat lots of times!
I have come up with two weeks worth of dinner ideas that are perfectly suitable for freezing. You could either have a mega cooking session or cook one meal and make twice the amount so you can freeze leftovers.
1. Spaghetti bolognese
2. Pasta bake – I never realised pasta could be frozen but it still tastes just as good once it is defrosted. You can throw anything into this too, sausages, bacon peppers, onions. I make my own sauce for this, using tin tomatoes, garlic and herbs. This is a great dish to make a huge batch of and freeze for a later date.
4. Sausage casserole
5. Corned beef hash – this is another meal I hadn’t realised could be frozen, I now always cook a big batch of this and have kits of leftovers for the freezer
6. Chicken fajitas – for this meal, I cook the chicken with the peppers and onions, then add the salsa and wraps on the day we actually eat the meal.
7. Lentil curry
8. Roast dinner – I quite often season chicken breasts and cook them along with home made roast potatoes, then just freeze them. Next time all you need to do is add vegetables and any other extras you like but the hard work has already been done.
9. Spanish chicken – ok I do cheat with this one and use sauce from a jar. It is so quick and easy which is perfect when you’re on the go all day.
10. Homemade burgers
11. Pizza – throw all your leftover meats, onions and peppers, freeze it and its ready to cook at a later date
12. Shepherds pie
14. Beef stew – throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready for you when you get home from work and any leftover stew can be frozen.
All of these are meals that I have tried and tested. They are all perfect for freezing and reheating at a later date. Two weeks of ideas for you to try yourself and makes life that little bit easier at dinner time.
If you have any of your own meals that are great for batch cooking, let me know, I’d love to give them a try.
Pin this for later